Insulation workers, also called insulators, install and replace the materials used to insulate buildings and their mechanical systems. Workers also handle insulation materials made of fiberglass, rubber, calcium silicate and urethane. Insulators also do removal of asbestos containing material.
At Ohio Insulators’ training facilities, apprentices will typically learn to:
- Remove and dispose of old insulation
- Review blueprints and specifications to determine the amount and type of insulation needed
- Measure and cut insulation to fit into walls and around pipes
- Secure insulation with staples, tape, or screws
- Use air compressors to spray foam insulation, and
- Install plastic barriers to protect insulation from moisture.
Insulators JATC Local 45 Toledo
Insulators JATC Local 8 Cincinnati
Insulators JATC Local 3 Cleveland
Insulators JATC Local 50 Columbus