Glaziers Local 498 Training Center
Toledo Glaziers JATC
1308 W. Sylvania Ave.
Toledo, OH 43612
Applications are taken at the address above Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3:30 pm.
When applying, please bring:
- High school diploma and transcripts or GED and test scores
- Valid state ID
- DD214 Military Report of Separation, if a veteran
Glaziers install glass in windows, skylights, and other fixtures in storefronts and buildings.
At Ohio glaziers training centers, you’ll typically learn to do the following:
- Follow blueprints and specifications
- Remove any old or broken glass before installing replacement glass
- Cut glass to the specified size and shape
- Use measuring tape, plumb lines, and levels to ensure proper fitting installation
- Make or install sashes and moldings for glass installation
- Fasten glass into sashes or frames with clips, moldings, or other types of fasteners and
- Add weather seal or putty around pane edges to seal joints.