About ACT Ohio
Affiliated Construction Trades (ACT) Ohio provides the state’s construction industry with important information that enables best practices in construction across Ohio. Further, ACT Ohio seeks to educate the public on the imperative nature of the construction industry policies that it endorses. ACT Ohio also conducts multiple information-gathering and sharing functions to ensure the most accurate information is disseminated.
ACT Ohio performs the following functions to ensure the Ohio public is best served in public works projects as well as private construction:
- Research construction projects, laws and standards
- Marketing best practices to construction professionals and end-users
- Public Relations to ensure the correct information is disseminated
- Community Outreach for all communities with construction needs around the state
- Political Advocacy to properly inform legislators about relative issues
In addition, ACT Ohio works to improve and advance the state’s construction industry by positively affecting its key issues:
- Collective Bargaining
- Responsible Contracting
- Workforce Training/Apprenticeship
- Industry Regulations and Standards
- Labor/Management Cooperation
- Workplace Safety/OSHA Training
- Prevailing Wage Laws
- Drug-Free Workforce/Testing
- Organizing/Combating “So Called Right To Work”
ACT Ohio is funded by union construction workers who believe it is their duty to protect the state’s construction industry and the many working families it supports.
About the Ohio State Building and Construction Trades Council: The OSBCTC is an umbrella group comprised of local construction unions and their members who work in Ohio. The Council is affiliated with the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
For more information, visit http://www.ohiostatebtc.org/